This week’s episode of WWE SmackDown aired live from the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas.
– AJ Styles comes out to the ring first to open up the show, and he’s wearing a cast on his left foot. AJ cuts a promo about beating Dean Ambrose at TLC, and with that, James Ellsworth comes out to interrupt. Ellsworth accuses AJ of wearing the cast on his foot to get out of his Title defense against him tonight. Ellsworth says he has AJ’s number after beating him three times, and AJ is ducking him now. Ellsworth takes credit for AJ’s victory on Sunday, but AJ says he would have won either way, with or without Ellsworth. Dean Ambrose interrupts next, and he immediately hits a Dirty Deeds on Ellsworth and leaves. AJ laughs at Ellsworth from ringside as Ellsworth lays out cold in the ring.
Looks like @AJStylesOrg was right… @TheDeanAmbrose is NOT happy with @realellsworth tonight on #SDLive! pic.twitter.com/RGMGVN0cdV
— WWE (@WWE) December 7, 2016
– Bray Wyatt & Randy Orton def. Rhyno & Heath Slater: Wyatt & Orton’s Tag Titles are on the line in this one in a rematch from TLC. After some competitive back-and-forth action to open up, Wyatt takes control of the match against Rhyno. Orton gets the tag and continues the offense, getting a near-fall after a knee to Rhyno’s head. Rhyno hits a shoulder block on Orton and tags in Slater who cleans house. Slater gets a two count on Orton after a superkick, but then Orton comes back with a spinning powerslam. Wyatt tags in and after a brief exchange, he drops Slater with a lariat. Wyatt is about to go for the Sister Abigail, but instead he tags in Orton and hands Slater to Orton for an RKO. Orton covers for the victory, and the Wyatt Family retains the Tag Titles.
– Carmella is out to the ring next to cut a promo on both Nikki Bella and Natalya. She says that now the real Natalya has reared her head and that she’s a con-artist. Their match is up next.
– Carmella vs. Natalya – No contest: Natalya starts off with a double leg takedown on Carmella and they start brawling around the mat. Before the bell can ring, Natalya chases Carmella backstage, where Natalya runs into Nikki Bella. Natalya tells Nikki that she can’t believe what Carmella says about Natalya being the one who attacked Nikki at Survivor Series. Nikki walks away.
– The Hype Bros def. The Ascension: The Ascension controls the match early on against Ryder, until Mojo gets the hot tag and lays into Konnor with a series of clotheslines and a Stinger Splash in the corner. After another brief back-and-forth between the two teams, The Hype Bros hit the Hype Ryder on Viktor for the win.
– The Miz and Maryse are out to the ring next to welcome us to Miz TV. The Mis introduces his guest Dean Ambrose, and asks him how angry he was when James Ellsworths stabbed him in the back at TLC. Ambrose says he’s not angry, but he was shocked. Ambrose says he helped Ellsworth get a job and his own t-shirt, but The Miz says Ambrose just manipulated Ellsworth and used him like a puppet to mess with AJ. The Miz says Ambrose deserved to have Ellsworth rise up against him. Ambrose gets in Miz’s face, and The Miz hides behind Maryse. The Miz says Ambrose may have walked away empty-handed at TLC, but tonight he’s going to receive a participation trophy from The Miz. Ambrose says he’s going to try to shove the award down The Miz’s throat, and with that, Daniel Bryan comes out to interrupt. Bryan says the main event tonight will be Dean Ambrose vs. The Miz, and The Miz’s Intercontinental Title will be on the line.
GM @WWEDanielBryan makes the #SDLive Main Event: It's @MikeTheMiz vs. @TheDeanAmbrose for the #ICTitle! pic.twitter.com/nKqrg4qB50
— WWE (@WWE) December 7, 2016
– Baron Corbin def. Kalisto: Corbin starts off in control and hits several elbows to the head of Kalisto. Kalisto comes back with a roundhouse kick to the head of Corbin, then throws him outside. Kalisto goes to the top rope and hits a moonsault onto Corbin on the ringside floor. Back in the ring, Kalisto kicks Corbin in the head again then follows up with a springboard tornado DDT and a hurricanrana for a two count. Kalisto comes running off the ropes for more offense, but Corbin catches him and hits the End of Days out of nowhere for the win.
– Chad Gable def. Tyler Breeze: Jason Jordan and Fandango are both at ringside for this one. Gable starts off in control with a suplex and then a running knee strike that sends Breeze outside. After a distraction by Fandango, Breeze drops Gable at ringside then rolls him back in the ring for a back suplex. Gable comes back with a t-bone suplex, then a flying cross body off the top. At ringside, Jordan hits a belly to belly suplex on Fandango. Back in the ring, Gable hits a German suplex on Breeze and bridges to pin for the win.
– Alexa Bliss is out to the ring next to celebrate her Women’s Championship victory at TLC. She says she’s in charge of the Women’s Division now, and with that, Becky Lynch comes out to interrupt. Becky grabs a microphone and says she’s going to know Alexa off the top of the Women’s division. Becky says she wants to fight her right now, but Alexa rolls out of the ring and heads back up the ramp.
– The Miz vs. Dean Ambrose: The Miz’s Intercontinental Title is on the line in this one. After some quick back-and-forth in the opening moments, Miz rolls outside and Ambrose attempts to follow up with a suicide dive. Before Ambrose jumps, The Miz pulls his wife Maryse in front of him and Ambrose stops. Ambrose rolls out and starts beating him down around ringside, throwing him into the fan barricade several times. Back in the ring, The Miz comes back with a flying clothesline in the corner. Miz and Ambrose exchange reversals until The Miz catches Ambrose with a leg kick, then he follows up with a dropkick to Ambrose’s knee. The Miz continues working on the knee of Ambrose, then puts him in the Figure Four. Ambrose reaches the ropes to break the hold, then throws The Miz to the outside. Ambrose follows up with a suicide dive, then throws Miz back in the ring. The Miz goes for a Skull Crushing Finale, but Ambrose escapes, and The Miz hits a DDT on Ambrose instead. The Miz hits a series of kicks on Ambrose, but Ambrose comes back with a clothesline. Ambrose goes to the top rope, but Maryse knocks him down when the referee isn’t looking. James Ellsworth comes down the ramp to point out to the referee what Maryse did. Ambrose pins The Miz, but the referee is distracted by Ellsworth. Ambrose sees Ellsworth at ringside and gets distracted, leading to The Miz hitting the Skull Crushing Finale for the win. Ellsworth looks on in horror then runs back up the ramp, while The Miz and Maryse celebrate with the IC Title.
.@realellsworth hopes to point out @MaryseMizanin's interference… but INFURIATES @TheDeanAmbrose in the process! #SDLive @mikethemiz pic.twitter.com/Trm5TB4u1C
— WWE (@WWE) December 7, 2016
– Backstage News On WWE’s Long-Term Plans For Lesnar & Goldberg, Spoiler On The Undertaker’s Royal Rumble Opponent, More