WWE issued the following statement on the recent allegations made in the recent lawsuits filed against the company:
WWE Defends Against False Allegations
“WWE filed a lawsuit in Connecticut to protect the company from a series of fraudulent claims made by a Massachusetts attorney regarding alleged concussion-related injuries. A few examples of such false allegations from this lawyer include:
· Claims in two different federal courts that five individuals died prematurely due to head injuries when in fact all five individuals are alive today.
· Falsely stating that an individual’s years of performance with WWE spanned 22 years from 1985 through 2007, when in fact the individual performed for only 2 years (1985-1986 and 1992-1993) and made one appearance in 2007.
· Alleging that head injury led to the death of a morbidly obese former performer who died of a heart attack years after last performing for WWE.
· A claim that an individual suffered from deafness allegedly due to head injury when said individual has publicly stated that he was deaf since birth.
· Claiming that head injury led to the accidental drug overdose of a former performer over 20 years after he last performed.
It is unfortunate that some former performers have been improperly recruited under the guise of a big ‘pay day’, and we feel badly that these individuals are being misled and exploited.”
- PHOTO GALLERY: Ronda Rousey’s S.I. Swimsuit Issue Outtakes (*NEW*)