Join The Telegraph for weekly video updates on the progress of the Silver Spitfire – a project to complete the wartime aircraft’s first ever circumnavigation of the globe.
In this week’s pilot’s log, above, our plane completes its longest journey of the project so far, as it makes its way into Southern Europe with the end of the adventure nigh.
To read more about the Silver Spitfire project, of which The Telegraph is proud to be the official media partners, see our main Silver Spitfire page. Here, you’ll find interviews with the pilots and engineers, and a real-time map of the aeroplane’s latest location.
Video by Stamp Productions
- Week 1: starry send-off propels record attempt into ice-cold skies
- Week 2: flying through poor visibility into the arms of the US air force
- Week 3: a liberating flypast – before problems hit at 8,000ft
- Week 4: goodbye Los Angeles, hello outer space
- Week 5: water salute welcome in Canada
- Week 6: stranded in Russia
- Week 7: seeking shelter in typhoon-swept Japan
- Weeks 8 and 9: calmer skies ahead as our men escape the chaos of typhoon season
- Week 10: battling through the troubled air of India
- Week 11: dinner at the Palace with a Maharajah
- Week 12: G-IRTY gets an MOT as the plane – and the pilots – start to grumble