Credit: Mike Killam
It was a big weekend in Reseda, California as both the PWG Championship and the PWG Tag Team Championships changed hands!
Former UFC fighter Matt Riddle and Hawaiian powerhouse Jeff Cobb, collectively known as the “Chosen Bros” defeated real life brothers Rey Fenix and Penta El 0M to capture their first titles with PWG. On night two, the man known as Ricochet (or Prince Puma depending on what you watch) defeated veteran champion Chuck Taylor to win the promotion’s greatest prize.
The PWG Championship, not unlike the annual PWG Battle of Los Angeles, has been something of a “star maker” for well over a decade. Its lineage is filled with wrestlers on the brink of greatness, who would go on to do massive things in the business, and its track record is almost shockingly flawless. That list includes AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Daniel Bryan, Chris Hero, Cesaro, Adam Cole, Kyle O’Reilly and Roderick Strong – all of whom went on to WWE. Oh, and Kenny Omega.
All Star Weekend Night 1
– Flash Morgan Webster def. Brian Cage
– Mark Haskins def. Adam Brooks
– Joey Janela def. Trevor Lee
– Keith Lee def. Jonah Rock
– Sammy Guevara def. Flamita and Rey Horus
– Ricochet def. WALTER
– Matt Riddle & Jeff Cobb def. The Lucha Bros to become new PWG Tag Team Champions
All Star Weekend Night 2
– Jonah Rock def. Adam Brooks
– The Young Bucks def. Flash Morgan Webster & Mark Haskins
– Marty Scurll def. Joey Janela
– WALTER def. Zack Sabre Jr.
– Trent Barreta def. Matt Sydal and Rey Horus
– Ricochet def. Chuck Taylor to become the new PWG Champion