Five days of public impeachment hearings have been held over the past fortnight into Donald Trump and his dealings with Ukraine. Twelve witnesses gave more than 40 hours of testimony in total as the American people watched on. The hearings have moved the dial on the Ukraine scandal in the following ways.
1) Officials believed there was quid pro quo
Donald Trump’s claim there was no link between holding back almost $400 million in military aid to Ukraine and the investigations he was seeking was repeatedly shredded by witnesses.
Gordon Sondland, America’s EU ambassador whose pushed to get the probes, said both an offer of a White House meeting and the cash were withheld to secure an announcement. …
To continue reading this article
Start your free trial of Premium
- Access all Premium articles
- Subscriber-only events
- Cancel any time
Free for 30 days
then only £2 per week
Access one Premium article per week
Register for free
We’re glad you’re enjoying The Telegraph
Register or subscribe to continue reading
Already a subscriber?
- One free Premium article per week
- Newsletters and daily briefings
30 days free, then £2 per week
- Unlimited access to Premium articles
- Subscriber-only newsletters
- Exclusive subscriber events and rewards
- The daily newspaper on your smartphone or tablet
Start free trial
Want to learn more?
View subscription options
Click Here: Bape Kid 1st Camo Ape Head rompers